Clinical Hepatology Update Conference 2019
Recorded On: 06/14/2019
** VIEW ONLY CONTENT. The Clinical Hepatology Update 2019 enduring course will be available soon. It will be available under the "On-Demand Accredited Activities". **
The Clinical Hepatology Update conference is designed for all medical professionals who manage care for patients with liver disease, including nurse practitioners, physician assistants, RNs, primary care physicians, medical students and GI or hepatology trainees. The conference will provide an update and review of the evolving practices in the clinical management of liver diseases.
• Patient Care and Procedural Skills
• Provide Patient-centered Care
• Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice
• Medical Knowledge
• Work in Interdisciplinary Teams
• Practice-based Learning and Improvement
• Employ Evidence-based Practice
• Interprofessional Communication
• Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Apply Quality Improvement
• Teams and Teamwork
• Systems-based Practice
Lisa Catalli, MSN, NP-B
Elizabeth K. Goacher, PA-C, MHS
Janice Jou, MD, MHS
Marcelo Kugelmas, MD, FAASLD
- To understand and describe the current standard of care for the diagnosis and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Manage patients with complications of portal hypertension.
- Recognize when decompensated cirrhosis patients are appropriate candidates for palliative care and hospice referral.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Transplant Coordinators